Saturday, August 20, 2011

Catheter in use

This image was created for a grant proposal. We wanted to create an image that would show the ideal end result of our research. I made sure to include important elements, like a control interface for a two segment catheter and screen images from the type of mapping equipment we planned to use. Most of the elements of this picture were based on bits and pieces of pictures of EPs in the OR. I then made a drawing from each photograph and layered them together in this image. Still ignorant of vector graphics at the time this was all done in Paint.net at a reasonably large scale. The most interesting part for me was figuring out a way to manipulate the EKG screenshots so that they would appear at the correct angle to fit into the screens that I had drawn. A plugin for Paint.net allowed me to distort these images to fit after some trial and error. We ended up getting our grant, so I at least know that the picture didn't lose it for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment